postgres on SuSE 9.1

From: Prabu Subroto <prabu_subroto(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres on SuSE 9.1
Date: 2004-06-07 16:38:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear my friends...

Usually I use MySQL. Now I have to migrate my database
from MySQL to Postgres.

I have created a database successfully with "creatdb"
and a user account successfully.

But I can not access the postgres with pgaccess.

I found this error message :
"
Error trying to connect to database 'custadm' on host
localhost

PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database
failed
could not create socket: HpHlH
"
Error in startup script: window ".pgaw:OpenDB" was
deleted before its visibility changed
while executing
"tkwait visibility .pgaw:OpenDB"
(procedure "::Connections::openConn" line 40)
invoked from within
"::Connections::openConn $i 1"
(procedure "main" line 63)
invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
(file "/usr/bin/pgaccess" line 810)
patrixlinux(at)patrix:~>
"

Here what I have done
"
patrixlinux(at)patrix:~> su
Password:
patrix:/localhome/patrixlinux # su postgres
postgres(at)patrix:/localhome/patrixlinux> cd
postgres(at)patrix:~> psql custadm
Welcome to psql 7.4.2, the PostgreSQL interactive
terminal.

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\q to quit

custadm=# create user someone with password 'pass_me'
createdb;
CREATE USER
custadm=#
"

Anybody would be so nice to tell me why I can not
access my postgres with pgaccess?

Thank you very much in advance.