Hi!, and a Question

From: David Cruz <davidcrmail(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hi!, and a Question
Date: 2004-06-04 05:13:20
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello to everybody!

I'm David from Colombia.

I'm learning Postgresql and using PHP. And I'm trying
to connect from my php web page to PostgreSQL, I use
this function:

$connection = pg_connect("host=gatuno port=5432
dbname=cdtaller4_3");

and when I look it on the browser it shows:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()
in /var/www/index2.php on line 8

- I have PostgreSQL 7.4 , Apache is working well, and
all other php scripts too. I'm using knoppix and I
looked at the KPackage and I have php4-pgsql
installed.

Does somebody know what could be happening?

thanks!