Regression tests: test stats loops indefinately...

From: Vikram Kulkarni <vkulkarn(at)brownforces(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regression tests: test stats loops indefinately...
Date: 2004-05-03 05:19:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm installing Postgresql 7.4.2 on an OpenBSD/sparc64 computer running
OpenBSD 3.5. Postgresql builds fine, and all of the regression tests
pass (when I use MAX_CONNECTIONS=10), except for the stats test.

the end of results/stats.out is:
-- let stats collector catch up
SELECT sleep('0:0:2'::interval);

everything up till and including that matches expected/stats.out... but
the test simply stalls there. Unless I manuall kill the process, the
postmaster simply keeps soaking up CPU time indefinately. A look through
the three log files didn't turn up anything that looked like it was
related to the the stat's system. :-\

Any ideas?

-Vik

--
vikram vinayak kulkarni There should be a science of discontent.
vkulkarn(at)brownforces(dot)org People need hard times and oppression to