Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
Cc: Jacob Hanson <jacdx(at)jacobhanson(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying
Date: 2004-04-05 23:59:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Just an idea, why don't we run a postgresql vs mysql benchmark ? I
> We might get in trouble with their (MySQL) trademark guys with this:

Trademark law only says that you cannot use someone else's trademark to
label a similar product. Nothing there can stop you from using the
product for any purpose including running benchmarks, or from reporting
facts or opinions or lies about the product. That is a matter of
copyright law, press regulations and/or the criminal code.