Re: problem with psql

From: joseph speigle <joe(dot)speigle(at)jklh(dot)us>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with psql
Date: 2004-04-04 15:31:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi,
On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 04:32:42PM +0200, alexandre ricciardi wrote:
> when i try to connect to the database with psql i get the following message :
> postgres(at)1[postgres]$ psql installation
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> Is the server running locally and accepting
> connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> although when using jdbc it works nice

Taking a shot at this but there's something I don't get, why not copy the settings for the jdbc connector and use then do psql --help and correlate the two? Usually, the fact that it can't find the socket means the server isn't started, but because you can connect using the jdbc, maybe it's on another machine. That, too, is a flag to psql when you fire it up.

HTH
joe
--
speigle