Re: Memory usage during vacuum

From: Shelby Cain <alyandon(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Uwe C(dot) Schroeder" <uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Memory usage during vacuum
Date: 2004-03-25 17:12:10
Lists: pgsql-general

I agree in principle that the solution is to run on a
server with more memory instead of my local
development box. However, I'm not going to be able to
simply request that additional memory be installed as
these are "standard" boxes that IT distributes to
employees.

Regardless, I'm more curious about whether I was
overlookign a setting that could reduce the memory
footprint during a vacuum analyze cycle than about
getting it reduced. If it becomes a major pain I'll
simply run the thing on off hours while I'm not at
work. :)

Regards,

Shelby Cain