Problems with pg_dumpall

From: javier garcia - CEBAS <rn001(at)cebas(dot)csic(dot)es>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with pg_dumpall
Date: 2004-03-23 09:23:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi;
I'm using postgres7.3.4 and I have tried to use pg_dumpall to copya a
database from one computer to another. I remember I used it once with no
problem, but now I've found a lot of error.

I've run the restore as the "postgres" superuser, and it seem that when a
table exists previously, or a language or another element, this creates an
error.
Please. How could I resolve this? Perhaps should I DROP all tables previously
to the restoration?

Thanks, and best regards,

Javier