Re: SQL Query - Performance Problem

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dean Sheppard" <dean(dot)sheppard(at)rogers(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL Query - Performance Problem
Date: 2004-03-10 00:57:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dean,

> Here's the problem. A simple select statement takes upto 30 seconds to
respond, if I add in connection pooling and 15 - 20 concurrent requests the
be, but I need to get these queries running in 30 seconds or so.

> Any ideas?

Nope, not a sausage. Not based on the quantity of information you've given
us.

Please read:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/SlowQueryPostingGuidelines

And re-post your question. Thanks!