Re: tcl on gborg

From: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: tcl on gborg
Date: 2004-02-22 01:41:22
Lists: pgsql-interfacespgsql-www
--- "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> k, so ... from what LJ states, gborg is now sync'd
> with -core, correct?
> so I can do a remove of it and nothing will be lost?

Now I'm confused...are you talking about the existing
gborg, or the new gborg? If you are talking about the
existing one, then read on...

Depends what you consider sync'ed. I applied all of
the "relevant patches" from -core to gborg. When Karl
first started the project, he changed the structure
quite a bit, and updated the lib with the newer Tcl
Object I think 1 or 2 things didn't
make sense in the gborg, and I didn't do any of the
pgindent stuff...

However, I wanted to check it over again real quick
before you rip of the -core. I'll probably do this
over the weekend. I am not sure if the history was
kept or not, when the project was first started...I
will have to check that too...

> Chris, is there a central announce list for gborg?
> something that I can
> subscribe pgsql-announce to?  I notice alot of
> activity on gborg, but
> hardly ever seen any announcements ... if ppl knew
> things were going on
> over there, might be easier to get ppl to use it
> without thinking its the
> black hole of software :(

Yes, that would be great. Also, is it suppose to email
the project admins when someone submits a bug/feature?
I don't think I ever got an email...that would be a
good feature to have...

Do you Yahoo!?