Re: pgAdmin III description in PAD file

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III description in PAD file
Date: 2004-02-10 22:18:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dear Andreas,

> "free for any use" sounds funny.
Replaced with "freeware".

> Designed for all users...
Designed to answer the needs of most users.

> hu? What's that br/ for?
Removed.

> including Windows, Linux and FreeBSD (we want MacOsX here quite soon
> too...)
Added in the 2000 char version. I propose to wait for MacOsX and SunOS.
Whenever we update our PAD, the changes are propagated automatically.

By the way, some nice stuff. PAD files accept extensions to link PAD files
between them. I added the following entries in pgAdmin PAD:

<PADRING>
http://www.aquafold.com/PAD_FILE.XML
http://www.alligatorsql.de/download/alligator.xml
http://www.casestudio.com/padinfo/casestudio.xml
http://www.degisy.com/padinfo/dbw5_eng.xml
http://www.ems-hitech.com/pad/pgmanager_pad.xml
http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/various/win.xml
http://www.microolap.com/pad/pgisql.xml
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/cnt/pgadmin3.xml
http://www.sqlboss.com/PAD_SQLBoss_Dev_WIN.xml
</PADRING>

Sites publishing pgAdmin will be able to grab information from these
softwares, which are all sharewares, not freewares. On the converse, sites
publishing EMS-PostgreSQL Manager will be able to grab pgAdmin III.

In the future, we can think of adding MySQL control center or the like, which
may help us appear on the same sites. The ***hunt*** is just beginning.

Thanks and cheers,
Jean-Michel