Re: IDENT and pg_hda.conf

From: Paul Thomas <paul(at)tmsl(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pgsql-general (at) postgresql (dot) org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: IDENT and pg_hda.conf
Date: 2004-01-30 11:37:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On 30/01/2004 09:39 Susemail wrote:

> [snip]
> In any case I don't have a pg_hba.conf file:

You should have, unless you haven't done an initdb...

> :~> locate pg_hba.conf
> /usr/share/postgresql/pg_hba.conf.sample
> :~>
>
> Should I have one? If I should, where does it belong?

It's in PostgreSQL's data dir. Obviously this may differ from distro to
distro. Probably what is happening is that you running locate as regular
user which won't have read access to that directoty (it's owned by user
postgres).

--
Paul Thomas
Business |