Re: intro

From: Culley Harrelson <culley(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: intro
Date: 2004-01-26 23:53:08
Lists: sfpug

> What kinds of things do you use it for?

Almost exclusively as the back end for web development. Between the 2 sites
that take up all of my time I have around 60,000 users, about 1/2 of which are
active. Postgres stores all their data. I also have built a Postgresql/php
based content management system. A few months ago I replaced mnogosearch
with a more specific document search using tsearch2. That was fun. More
recently I have been working on automatically generating newsletters to list
new content, and plpgsql routines to import and sync payment data.

Standard web-based business stuff :)

> Some of our meetings are in Oakland, so at least you won't have to
> cross the Bay Bridge :)

Oakland is actually much better-- I have family in Oakland.

culley