Article in German iX magazine

From: Holger Marzen <holger(at)marzen(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Article in German iX magazine
Date: 2004-01-23 19:44:57
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

Hi all,

in the German magazine "iX" from Feb 2004 I read an article about Open
Source databases. The part about PostgreSQL wasn't bad but I am not sure
if the author is right when he writes about crash revcovery. He writes
that PostgreSQL has no UNDO function that resets unfinished transactions
after a crash but only a REDO function that finishes completed
transactions.

I thought that PostgreSQL's crash recovery automatically rolls back
everything that's not committed.