OpenOffice: SetPos with data_at_exec not yet supported

From: Frank Joerdens <frank(at)joerdens(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OpenOffice: SetPos with data_at_exec not yet supported
Date: 2004-01-22 11:36:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Greetings! Intermittently, but not regularly (unfortunately; those
errors are the most notoriously difficult to pinpoint), when browsing
records which were pulled into OO from a PostgreSQL database via the
Postgres Windows ODBC driver, the error

SetPos with data_at_exec not yet supported

pops up. If you confirm the dialog which displays this error message,
and try to browse to the next record, you get a second one:

Only SQL_POSITION/REFRESH is supported for PGAPI_SetPos

If you confirm this dialog too, and try to move to the next or previous
(or first, last ... ) record, it'll pop up again. The only way to get
rid of it is to press the 'Undo: Data entry' button. Sometimes this
won't work though; what I do then is press 'Undo: Data entry' first, and
after that a button on the form that I've created (which opens another
document). Now I can continue browsing records. This doesn't make any
sense to me.

It would seem that sometimes OO thinks I'm trying to update
some record in the database although all I am doing is pressing the
'Next Record' button. At first I thought that the follwing stuff in the
ODBC driver's log file was corresponding to the error, but it doesn't -
this message also regularly appears in the logfile when the error
message doesn't pop up:

-- snip --
STATEMENT ERROR: func=PGAPI_SetStmtAttr, desc='', errnum=28, errmsg='Unsupported statement option (Set)'
hdbc=58191016, stmt=58399760, result=0
manual_result=0, prepare=0, internal=0
bindings=0, bindings_allocated=0
parameters=0, parameters_allocated=0
statement_type=-2, statement='(NULL)'
stmt_with_params='(NULL)'
data_at_exec=-1, current_exec_param=-1, put_data=0
currTuple=-1, current_col=-1, lobj_fd=-1
maxRows=0, rowset_size=1, keyset_size=0, cursor_type=1, scroll_concurrency=1
cursor_name=''
----------------QResult Info -------------------------------
CONN ERROR: func=PGAPI_SetStmtAttr, desc='', errnum=0, errmsg='(NULL)'
henv=57949464, conn=58191016, status=1, num_stmts=16
sock=57982624, stmts=57998696, lobj_type=-999
---------------- Socket Info -------------------------------
socket=1040, reverse=0, errornumber=0, errormsg='(NULL)'
buffer_in=58315440, buffer_out=58202016
buffer_filled_in=238, buffer_filled_out=0, buffer_read_in=238
-- snap --

I am using OOo 1.1, PostgreSQL 7.4.1, the PsqlODBC driver
7.03.02.00, and I've set the 'Updatable Cursors' DSN option to 'On' -
which is an idea I've got from

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2003-04/msg00014.php

Any ideas?

Regards, Frank