Re: Meeting Thursday: RSVP Requested

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meeting Thursday: RSVP Requested
Date: 2004-01-19 19:09:34
Lists: sfpug

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:50:30AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> People,
>
> Our meeting this thursday is:
> Thursday, Jan 22nd, 6:30pm
> Casa Donde in Oakland (www.casadonde.org)
>
> Craig will shuttle people from the 19th Street Oakland BART Station
> (wait in front of Sears) at 6:15pm. IF YOU NEED A RIDE WITH
> CRAIG, YOU MUST RSVP by Wednesday.
>
> Alternately, I may be able to supply a ride to one other person coming from
> the city.
>
> Topics to be presented:
> 1) Overview of nifty stuff in 7.4: presentation in preparation for
> next week's Perl user group meeting -- Josh and other planned
> attendees of the Perl meeting.

> 2) Volunteers, PLEASE? If nothing else, I'll cover OpenFTS text-searching ...
>
> Food:
> We can order pizza or do pot luck. Unlike Perl.org, we don't yet
> have a pizza sponsor (maybe I'll hit up Oracle <grin>).

LOL! I can think of Other Big Companies without a conflict of
interest who could, without straining their budgets, hire us a fancy
hall each time and cater it to the 9's. My next trick is to get them
to do something like that ;)

> I think, though, that pizza might be the best choice, since probably
> only David F. and I are in a position to contribute to a pot luck.

Hmm. Re: pizza, this could be a bit of a problem, as there are both
vegetarians & lactose-intolerant people in the group. I'm planning on
pita, hummus & babaghanouzh, those being at least edible to everybody.

Other suggestions welcome :)

Cheers,
David Fetter david(at)fetter(dot)org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100 cell: +1 415 235 3778