Re: PostgreeSQL C header files

From: joseph speigle <joe(dot)speigle(at)jklh(dot)us>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreeSQL C header files
Date: 2004-01-12 14:59:13
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,

I have done work on sourceforge for my c++ cgi library. It is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cgiutils2/

It is built up of 3 separate libraries, the cgi library which parses post requests and gets form values and such, a session library, and a template library which uses a custom parser. The first and last don't need any data storage. For sessions, it doesn't use a postgresql backend, becase it uses mmap and semaphores for memory management of sessions. I am in the process of adding mysql and postgresql c++ library code and configure switches to allow the user to store session information in the databases, however, instead of in unix memory.

I have a website which exclusively generates all content from the cgi c++ library (it uses the cgi c++ library to do sessions, templates and form processing) and it is http://www.myowndictionary.com/. That client uses postgresql c++ library off gborg which is libpqxx. Source for the client is http://www.sirfsup.com/languages/cPP/lcgi/decoy.htm

Libpqxx has docs of its own but lots of it reproduces what's in libpq docs as it's just a c++ wrapper with classes methods and calls and such for the C code.

I am always looking for developers to help with the sourceforge project, if you want you could write the libpqxx class for the sessions or something.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 11:06:21AM +0100, Christian Kienle wrote:
> > See the "Client Interfaces" and possibly the "Server Programming"
> > sections in the PostgreSQL manual:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-interfaces.html
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/server-programming.html
> > The examples in the contrib directory of the source distribution might
> > also be helpful.
>
> Thank you very much.
>

> --
> Linux is like a wigwam - no gates, no windows and an apache inside.

joe speigle