Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Rob Napier <rob(at)trafficofficemanager(dot)com>
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing
Date: 2004-01-09 18:44:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Peter,

> Well, what do you try to achieve?

Well, I think that's what's at issue here. Rob wants some feedback from us
on what the thrust of our printed materials should be so that he can help us
develop some. He's not really interested in organizing the community;
that's my job and yours.

Not everyone who wants to contribute to PostgreSQL is willing to operate an
industrial-strength mail client. Nor should they be required to, or we
restrict ourselves to only contributions from a subset of our users.

So, either we hash this out here without CC'ing Rob and get back to him in a
week or so; or we take it to a seperate forum where tangents will be
prohibited so that Rob can have a level of participation which he has time
for. I take it you'd prefer the former approach?

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions