Re: Firebird and PostgreSQL at the DB Corral.

From: Paul Thomas <paul(at)tmsl(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pgsql-general (at) postgresql (dot) org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Firebird and PostgreSQL at the DB Corral.
Date: 2003-12-17 00:13:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On 16/12/2003 21:04 Paul Ganainm wrote:
Hi Paul,

> -----------------------
> > Better than row-level locking
>
> X (I assume that what is meant here is MVCC?)
> ------------------------

One thing I couldn't find when looking at the FB on-line docs a week or
two ago was anything like support for transaction isolation level
serializable. Whilst the PG docs states taht its implementation of t.i.l.s
is not quite to SQL spec, it is still very good as you don't need to lock
rows with select ... for update. How does FB do in this respect?

> > Functional and Partial indexes

No partial indexes? Get them to put it on their TODO list ;)

BTW, has FB got an equivalent of PG sequences?

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants |