Tables and Enheritance

From: pnl(at)adslhome(dot)dk
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Tables and Enheritance
Date: 2003-12-10 13:19:32
Lists: pgsql-general

When you create a table (subTable) which enherits from an other table (superTable), what are the actual relationship between theese tables.

Is there a foreign key in the subTable, or does the subTable just have the same columns as the superTable plus some extra?

I am askin because I would like to illustrate the tables in a ER-diagram.

Regards Peter.