Re: 7.4.1 ... slight change of scheduale ...

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4.1 ... slight change of scheduale ...
Date: 2003-12-07 21:27:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> writes:
> > > The libpq SSL memory leak reported on -bugs would be good to fix.
> >
> > We don't know yet if that's our bug or not.
> >
> > > BTW, is there a particular reason we're pushing out 7.4.1 so soon?
> > > ISTM there wouldn't be anything wrong with waiting a week or two...
> >
> > Well, we do have several important fixes in the 7.4 branch (probably the
> > PANIC in FSM management is the most important). But I tend to agree
> > that there's no real strong reason to put it out this week rather than
> > next week; if we can accumulate a few more bug fixes, maybe we should
> > wait.
>
> So we have SSL, information schema (bit), and autovacuum. The last one
> is an easy fix, not sure on the others.
>
> Agreed we should wait a week or two. If we don't, we might need to push
> 7.4.2 out a few weeks after that.

We now only have the SSL bug open, and another pg_autovacuum patch
pending.

Tom, since you return Sunday, I can have 7.4.1 packaged up and ready for
your review on Monday (Dec 15). That way, as soon as the SSL bug is
resolved, we can move toward release. This also gives us a week to see
what new bugs appear.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us