Re: [Fedora Core 1] yum repositories with 7.4?

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Fedora Core 1] yum repositories with 7.4?
Date: 2003-12-04 16:42:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 05:47 pm, Boris Popov wrote:
> It appears 7.4 is not published in all the usual places so I was
> wondering if there's a yum repository with updated packages available
> and if not then what's the approach that will cause the least amount
> of pain? I do realize I'll need to dump/restore, just want some expert
> advice on how to upgrade the installation without breaking it.

Dump your database first. Then, download the Fedora Core RPMs from
ftp.postgresql.org, in /pub/binary/v7.4/fedora/fedora-core-1. Do an rpm -U
on the ones that's currently installed. Then restore your dump. You may
want to keep a set of the original RPMs around in case you run into trouble,
so that you can revert to the older version with --oldpackage.

A yum repository for a single set of packages? I guess I could do that,
though... But as soon as I set up the yum stuff someone will want an apt
setup.... :-)
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology