Re: Max number of rows in a table

From: ow <oneway_111(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Max number of rows in a table
Date: 2003-12-01 16:08:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--- Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> > Wouldn't the above put a limit on a number of records one could have
> > in table?
>
> No.

If I understand correctly, a table that has 4B+ rows cannot be restored after
the dump and that, in turn, may/will affect the ability to upgrade to new
versions of pgSql.

This is somewhat similar to saying "yes" to the question "Can I drive this car
at 55 mph?" and then forgetting to mention that the brakes will fail if the car
reaches 55 mph.

Thanks