Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies
Date: 2003-11-17 18:56:21
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le Lundi 17 Novembre 2003 19:44, vous avez écrit :
> I realize it's a pain, but is it not possible to work the different sets
> of BuildRequires into the spec file, using distribution-dependent
> conditional statements?

Yes, it is perfectly possible. But, there are so many-many build-time
depencies in wxWindows. Listing them all is quite difficult.

On the other hand, the upcoming stable version of wxWindows 2.5.1 will provide
a new set of RPMs. These "new" RPMs are very well designed. They include both
buildtime and binary dependencies.

Personaly, I think it is a waste of time to invest in the wxGTK2ud direction
when a new set of RPMs is coming along. If you think the converse, do not
hesitate to submit a patch and I will apply it immediately. This is free
software... You are free to do what you want...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel