Re: Query tool and SSL connections

From: timothy(dot)r(dot)morley(at)kc(dot)frb(dot)org
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query tool and SSL connections
Date: 2003-11-17 18:23:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

My current solution is to install Slackware 9.1. :)

Tim

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
11/17/2003 12:18 PM

To: timothy(dot)r(dot)morley(at)kc(dot)frb(dot)org
cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Query tool and SSL connections

timothy(dot)r(dot)morley(at)kc(dot)frb(dot)org wrote:

> I was browsing through the pgadmin-hackers list today and noticed
> someone had built pgAdminIII for Fedora Core 1. I downloaded and
> installed it without a hitch. That build, however, suffers from the
> same problem as the builds for RedHat9 and Mandrake 9.1. The problem
> being that when you try to run a query using the Query Tool, the
> entire app crashes after you click the run button. Actually, the
> build for Fedora Core shows the Query is running but the time never
> stops. When you click on stop that is when the entire app stops
> responding. I would help with trying various build options but as
> others have discovered in my emails I am pretty useless as far as this
> is concerned.

This is a very unfortunate situation. I don't have a machine I could
dedicate to Fedora/RH/Mandrake at the moment, so all I can do is to
suppose that it's some kind of threading/reentrancy problem.
Anybody out there who could try compiler and/or linker flags on this?
(to be tested in src/Makefile directly)

Regards,
Andreas