Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Kurt Roeckx <Q(at)ping(dot)be>
Cc: Derek Morr <dvm105(at)psu(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process
Date: 2003-11-14 19:07:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

> Too bad we didn't figure this out yesterday. We are now in code freeze
> for 7.4 release, and I'm hesitant to apply a fix for what is arguably a
> broken platform. Core guys, time for a vote ... do we fix, or hold this
> for 7.4.1?

One thing I've not seen an answer to: does Postgres run acceptably on other
people's Solaris boxes? If this bug is preventing running on Solaris at
all, I'd say fix it ... Solaris is a major platform. If it only affects
users of one particular Solaris patch version, then we do a big warning and
save it for 7.4.1.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions