Re: MySQLs' "FOREIGN KEYS¨

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>, Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
Cc: JanWieck(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MySQLs' "FOREIGN KEYS¨
Date: 2003-11-10 18:04:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Guys,

> Ok one thing that i think is good and MySQL enforces is INDEXES on
> both the keys otherwise it gives ERROR 1005. I think there was a old
> thread on "Indexes on Foreign keys".

FYI, the MySQL team (per Zak Greant) asked me to thank you for the great Q/C
you're doing on MySQL. Seriously, he said this to me at PHPCon.

It's an odd thought, but maybe we should focus a little more on PostgreSQL and
let the MySQL people find their own bugs?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions