Bug fix for 7.4?

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug fix for 7.4?
Date: 2003-11-08 19:48:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just fixed a bug in ecpglib that caused it to misbehave for all
internal array/vector types. They were treated like the external ones.
So ecpg expected them to be listed as '{...}' which surely failed.

However, this bug fix involves more code changes than I like to just
commit into 7.4 at this point of the release. So the fixes are so far
just committed to HEAD. On the other hand I don't like to release 7.4
with this know bug.

The only solution I see is someone else looking over the patch resp.
testing it. It worked well with my test suite, but then this may not
catch all side effects.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes