Re: read only connection

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
Subject: Re: read only connection
Date: 2003-11-07 19:04:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 19:53:42 +0100,
Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com> wrote:

> I know but is not system/tables wide.
> Each time that a table is created I shall remember
> to revoke the permission, what I was looking for
> was an option to insert into pg_hba.conf

When you create a table you have to give permission for other people to
use it at all. So just give select access instead of all access.
You can even give this to a group (or public) so that you can add more
users who should have read only access without having to change the
access rights for each table.