Re: [cool hack] Credit Card validator

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>,Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [cool hack] Credit Card validator
Date: 2003-10-30 22:27:52
Lists: sfpug
Guys,

There is Roberto Mello's Function Library.  However, that got frozen in amber
about 2 years ago.  He keeps telling me he's about to update it, but I never
see progress.

I have dozens of "general purpose" functions I could commit to such a library.
I'll even write the (postgresql) back end if someone will write the
(web-based) front end.  What it needs to support is:

1) Saving functions catagorized by language, author, purpose, and postgresql
version(s), date, < 100-word summary.
2) Allowing the original author and the system admin to edit/delete existing
functions
3) allowing searching on language, author, purpose, version, date, and free
text search on summary.

Further, we could get a magazine article out of the application ....

Volunteers?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions