Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server

From: timothy(dot)r(dot)morley(at)kc(dot)frb(dot)org
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server
Date: 2003-10-29 18:51:09
Lists: pgadmin-support

I just setup a Slackware 9.1 machine and tried pgadmin3-1.0.1 and the
October 29 snapshot of pgadmin3 with a connection to my SSL enabled
PostgreSQL server. Everything worked perfectly. The Slack 9.1 machine
has openssl-0.9.7b on it. I have a coworker running Mandrake 9.1 which
contains openssl-0.9.7a. His pgadmin3 also crashes trying to run queries
against our SSL enabled PostgreSQL server. He installed the Mandrake rpms
for pgadmin3 from the pgadmin.postgresql.org site.

You were right about needing to play with the libraries. I'll see if I
can get my RedHat 9 box up to openssl 0.9.7b.

Tim

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Sent by: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
10/29/2003 10:52 AM