Deadlock Detection

From: Moshe Vardi <vardi(at)cs(dot)rice(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Deadlock Detection
Date: 2003-10-27 17:17:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

How do I find out in Embedded SQL that a transaction has been aborted
due to a deadlock?

The closes error message in sqlca seems to be:

-401 (ECPG_TRANS): Error in transaction processing line %d.
PostgreSQL signaled that we cannot start, commit, or rollback the
transaction.

but it does not seem to be informative enough.

Similarly, how do I find if a transaction has been aborted due to
nonserializability?

Thanks,
Moshe