Re: Call for port reports

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Call for port reports
Date: 2003-10-26 01:04:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut writes:
>
> > FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE alpha
> >
> > BUT: The default CFLAGS are set by configure to -O2, although the template
> > wants -O. I manually modified the CFLAGS to -O after configure.
>
> I've committed a fix for the CFLAGS handling, and now this platform works
> perfectly.

Your approach looks good. You decided to allow template to set the
CFLAGS, and if it doesn't, make it -O2/-O. That is a very clean
approach.

I had the idea of layering the flags so template would only _add_ to
CFLAGS, but your way is clearer.

One other idea would be to set CFLAGS to "" before including template,
and just test to see if it is still "" after --- that might be cleaner
than saving the original value and comparing.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us