Re: Call for port reports

From: Kevin Brown <kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Call for port reports
Date: 2003-10-25 22:26:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> How does everyone like this patch? It removes -g from non-debug
> compiles, and changes -O2 to -O for FreeBSD/Alpha.

I'd be hesitant to remove -g from non-debug compiles. If something
crashes, it's useful to be able to get a good stacktrace from the
resulting core file. The -g option makes that possible for optimized
code when compiling with gcc.

Is there any way we can have configure put -g in when it detects gcc?

--
Kevin Brown kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com