Re: backup/restore - another area.

From: markw(at)osdl(dot)org
To: threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, linux-lvm(at)sistina(dot)com
Subject: Re: backup/restore - another area.
Date: 2003-10-14 22:18:29
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-performance

Jeff,

I'm curious to what kind of testing you've done with LVM. I'm not
currently trying any backup/restore stuff, but I'm running our DBT-2
workload using LVM. I've started collecting vmstat, iostat, and
readprofile data, initially running disktest to gauge the performance.

For anyone curious, I have some data on a 14-disk volume here:
http://developer.osdl.org/markw/lvm/results.4/log/

and a 52-disk volume here:
http://developer.osdl.org/markw/lvm/results.5/data/

Mark