Re: bsd indent

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Postgresql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bsd indent
Date: 2003-10-07 15:47:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I grabbed the patched BSD indent from a mirror. Here's a couple of points:
>
> . with a little trial and error GNU indent 2.2.9 actually did quite a
> reasonable job for me last night. But I guess YMMV. I'm curious to know
> what nasty mangling it does.

GNU indent does a reasonable job, but it did some strange spacing for
function definitions, if I remember correctly. Can you test by running
pgindent and gnuindent through the /executor files and do a diff to see
the differences in formatting?

> . the file is a compressed tar file - it would be better to have a file
> extension of .tgz or .tar.gz instead of just .gz, so that this is apparent.

Done. Sorry.

> . I had to hack the makefile for my linux box for a reasonably clean
> build, so that the CFLAGS on the install line doesn't override setting
> the defines, and the compiler won't complain about isblank and/or strdup
> and/or fileno. The diff is attached for anyone interested.

OK, I updated it on the ftp site. Can you download it? It should have
size 41192. Is _GNU_SOURCE required? I didn't add that, but fixed the
install part.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us