Re: Postgres low end processing.

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres low end processing.
Date: 2003-10-06 13:29:05
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:55:51 +0200,
Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll try some of these, and post the results.
> The actual machines seem to be Pentium I machines,
> with 32M RAM. I've gathered that it is theoretically
> possible, so no to go try it.

I am running 7.4beta2 on a Pentium I machine with 48 MB of memory.
I was running an earlier version of Postgres (probably 7.1.x) on it
when it only had 32 MB of memory. It doesn't run very fast, but it
works OK. I remember increase from 32MB to 48MB was very noticible in
the time to serve web pages using information from the DB, but I
don't remember the details since it was a couple of years ago.