Re: book on advanced postgresql?

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: John Wells <jb(at)sourceillustrated(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: book on advanced postgresql?
Date: 2003-10-03 14:22:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 10:08:43 -0400,
John Wells <jb(at)sourceillustrated(dot)com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I'd love to, but I can't read at a terminal for longer than an hour or so.
> I really prefer the dead tree version.
>
> Does anyone provide printed copies of the documentation for a fee? I know
> some companies do this for other apps...

You should be able to print the documentation on a printer. The released
versions come with postscript and/or pdf versions of the documentation.
The beta versions don't and it is a pain to generate the above. However,
if you just want 7.3 documentation, that should be available.
I think the 7.4 documentation is better, because it is all in one book
and some redundant information is eliminated. However, I don't know of
any postscript or pdf versions of the documentation that are available for
download.