Is the use of array as PL/PGSQL function arguments ?

From: pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is the use of array as PL/PGSQL function arguments ?
Date: 2003-10-01 13:27:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Since it's not possible to do a function with a variable number of arguments, I am wondering if it is possible to use an array as an argument in a PL/PGSQL function ?

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION myownfunction(members.id%TYPE[], events.id%TYPE) RETURNS BOOLEAN AS '
BEGIN
...several sql queries that are OK...
RETURN TRUE;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

I am currently getting this error : ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "["

But I don't see anything in the documentation that forbids the use of array as arguments. So, did I make a mistake or is it forbidden ?

Thanks in advance :-)

Bruno BAGUETTE (pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net)