DSN-Less

From: victor silalahi <thesinbook(at)bassplayer(dot)cc>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DSN-Less
Date: 2003-09-22 16:08:38
Lists: pgsql-general

hi, i'm new in this copmmunity. i usualy use ms sql 2000 to develope Database in every project. But since Microsoft make an office in my city, there is big difficulties to get a copy of ms sql 2000 cd in my city (illegally hehehe). i think postgresql more powerfull than ms sql 2000, but i didnt get any information about DSN less according to ConnectionString property in my VB6 application. is there possible to use DSN Less to connect to postgresql dbms ? and what kind of ConnectionString that i will use to connect postgresql dbms (with DSN less) ?

thanks