Trouble with error message encoding

From: Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble with error message encoding
Date: 2003-09-10 08:50:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have encoding problems using translated error messages (7.4beta1).
When database encoding is set to SQL_ASCII, all mesages arrive to client
correctly respecting the CLIENT_ENCODING, but if I create database WITH
ENCODING='unicode' or WITH ENCODING='latin2', messages are displayed
correctly only when CLIENT_ENCODING is same as database encoding.
I checked, and this is working this way also in 7.3. Is that known problem, or
maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Regards !