Re: PostgreSQL ODBC: Bug with Insert when using parameters arrays ??

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Jol Valentine <jolv(at)genaware(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL ODBC: Bug with Insert when using parameters arrays ??
Date: 2003-08-26 19:16:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- Jol Valentine <jolv(at)genaware(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as a follow up to my previous note I have since
> download the PostgreSQL ODBC
> source code
> and compiled it under Visual Studio .NET 2003. It's
> all up and running OK.
>
> It looks like the problem is in PGAPI_Execute(...)
> in execute.c.
>
> In the for loop at line 558
> for (i = 0; i < apdopts->allocated; i++)
> the data_at_exec parameters are being counted, but
> this is only looping
> through the columns,
> the fact that there are multiple rows of data is not
> being taken account of.
> In my case apdopts->paramset_size is 3.
>
> Looking at the code in more detail it looks like you
> simply don't support
> the inserting of multiple
> "data at execution" parameters per column. Do you
> know if anyone is working
> on this at the moment
> or is it a known deficiency ? Is it worth me taking
> a look at it ?

AFAIK the only effort going on is maintenance, rather
than development. We have far too few ODBC driver
developers, so if you want to do something, have at
it. If you are planning to make any significant
changes, I would suggest that you subscribe to the
pgsql-hackers list, where you can get knowledgable
critiques of any proposal.