PostgreSQL ODBC: Bug with Insert when using parameters arrays ??

From: "Jol Valentine" <jolv(at)genaware(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL ODBC: Bug with Insert when using parameters arrays ??
Date: 2003-08-26 04:34:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

as a follow up to my previous note I have since download the PostgreSQL ODBC
source code
and compiled it under Visual Studio .NET 2003. It's all up and running OK.

It looks like the problem is in PGAPI_Execute(...) in execute.c.

In the for loop at line 558
for (i = 0; i < apdopts->allocated; i++)
the data_at_exec parameters are being counted, but this is only looping
through the columns,
the fact that there are multiple rows of data is not being taken account of.
In my case apdopts->paramset_size is 3.

Looking at the code in more detail it looks like you simply don't support
the inserting of multiple
"data at execution" parameters per column. Do you know if anyone is working
on this at the moment
or is it a known deficiency ? Is it worth me taking a look at it ?

regards,
Jol Valentine.