Re: move to usenet?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>
Cc: David Olbersen <DOlbersen(at)stbernard(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: move to usenet?
Date: 2003-08-26 04:13:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Dennis Gearon wrote:
> I prefer NOT to have to scroll down to the bottom of an email anyway. I
> think discussion list emails like ours need to be like your medical
> records, the most important, recent stuff is at the top.

I do often top-post, and I didn't realize it was an issue until this
week. I usually top-post when I need to make a comment on the entire
email, like "Is there a TODO here?", "patch applied", or something like
that so people know what I am saying. If I want to respond in a
detailed way, I trim and post comments below each section. My top-posts
also have a horizontal line at the bottom so it is clear it is a top
post. Is that OK?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us