Re: Update problem

From: Ângelo Marcos Rigo <angelo_rigo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "ngelo" Marcos Rigo <angelo_rigo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update problem
Date: 2003-08-19 14:44:37
Lists: pgsql-php

and i dont know why but if the "texto" field (wich is
a text data type on postgres) is empty and i write
something the update happen with success.

--- Ângelo Marcos Rigo <angelo_rigo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
escreveu: > I have an update escript that works fine
with text
> fields but with an textarea version the script is
> passing an empty value, for the "texto" field
> Here is a snip of code that receives the values:
>
> $id = $_POST['id'];
> $titulo = $_POST['titulo'];
> $resumo = $_POST['resumo'];
> $texto = $_POST['texto'];
> print_r($texto);
> include 'db.php';
> $query = "UPDATE revista SET titulo='$titulo',
> resumo='$resumo', texto='$texto' WHERE id='$id'";
>
> here is the "texto" field where i do write the
> modifications to be updated:

> rows=\"20\" value=\"$myrow[3]\"
>
> Thank´s in advance
>
> =====
> Ângelo Marcos Rigo
> AMR Informática
> (51) 3348 0870
> Rua Pe. Alois Kades 400/210
> Porto Alegre /RS/Brasil
> http://amr.freezope.org
> angelo_rigo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br

> Desafio AntiZona - Um emocionante desafio de
> perguntas e respostas que
> te dá um Renault Clio, kits de eletrônicos,
> computadores, notebooks e
> mochilas. Cadastre-se, participe e concorra!
> www.cade.com.br/antizona

majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org

=====
Ângelo Marcos Rigo