Re: C vs plpgsql and child processes

From: Jason Godden <jasongodden(at)optushome(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: C vs plpgsql and child processes
Date: 2003-08-18 10:38:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Sean,

Yeah - It is declared VOLATILE. I think there must be something specific with
the way PL/PGSQL handles child processes of a called function. The child
process actually spawns mpg123 or ogg123 so it has to live beyond the life of
the parent. Not sure. What I might do is rewrite the entire procedure from
woe to go in using SPI and see how that goes. Failing that I guess I could
always peek at the source! : )

Thanks,

Jason