hello sir

From: "gunjan sharma" <gunjanergunjan(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: , pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: hello sir
Date: 2003-08-14 07:00:38
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello sir,
I am doing mail because I have read ur article on net over Unicode. Sir I am also working over Unicode. Basically what is my project is that we have to design a gui in java swing and through which we have to retrieve and store data in database(ms access).
But we are trying to do so what happens that data didn’t store in correct format.
Means if I am storing hindi data then what it is showing in database arbiterary char
So through our application I am able to store data in database.
For this I have searched a lot and read some where that it happens due to diffent encoding used by ur databse and swing component. So what I have done that first read bytes from resultset and then convert that in string what it’s also not giving us correct result.

BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(rs.getCharacterStream(2));
String s = reader.readLine();.

Rs is my result set. Sir I have also tried it with byte stream but it’ s giving same problem.
As Unicode font I am using arial Unicode ms . I don’t know what is a problem I am searching on it but don’t find any ans which can be implemented correctly.
Sir plz if u have any solution then plz give reply of my this mail.
Thank u sir
gunjan

Meet your old school or college friends from
1 Million + database...
Click here to reunite www.batchmates.com/rediff.asp