Really odd corruption problem: cannot open pg_aggregate: No such file or directory

From: Adam Haberlach <adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Really odd corruption problem: cannot open pg_aggregate: No such file or directory
Date: 2003-07-24 17:17:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So, one of the many machines that I support seems to have developed
an incredibly odd and specific corruption that I've never seen before.

Whenever a query requiring an aggregate is attempted, it spits out:
cannot open pg_aggregate: No such file or directory
and fails.

If I do:
select * from pg_class where relname='pg_aggregate';
I see that the relation exists.

If I check the relfilenode in the data directory, that exists, and
seems to be an object file containing what should be the basic
aggregate functions.

version: PostgreSQL 7.2.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)

The system ran for a few weeks before anything odd happened, and
then suddenly this. Does anyone have any ideas? Now that I look at
the above string, I realize that the system /is/ an Athlon processor.
Does anyone know if there could be an issue between the i686 and
athlon optimizations?

--
Adam Haberlach | "When your product is stolen by thieves, you
adam(at)mediariffic(dot)com | have a police problem. When it is stolen by