vacuum analyze after updating from CVS?

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: vacuum analyze after updating from CVS?
Date: 2003-07-12 15:13:51
Lists: pgsql-general

I have found that at least one query I do gets a poor plan after I update
from CVS even if I don't need to do an initdb. Sometimes I have done an
initdb to clear things up; most recently a vacuum analyze did the trick.
This is a database used read only for web pages that I occasionally
reload (part of the reload process is to do a vacuum analyze).
Is this something I should expect? I would think since the stats were
stored in the database, they would continue to be valid after updating
the code (unless an initdb was forced).