Re: Request for translation of pgAdmin3 into Traditional Chinese

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: "Chih-Hsin Lee" <chlee(at)femh(dot)org(dot)tw>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Request for translation of pgAdmin3 into Traditional Chinese
Date: 2003-06-26 07:52:50
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thursday 26 June 2003 04:28, Chih-Hsin Lee wrote:
> Dear Jean-Michel,
>
> Sorry, another question. I saw the po files other translators made. Some
> included "&" in the translated strings, while some did not. What should I
> treat it when I do it with traditional Chinese, a multibyte language? Does
> wxWindows treat "&Copy" to keyboard hotkey such as "alt-C"?
>
> Sincerely,
> Chih-Hsin Lee

Dear Chih-Hsin,

Yes, wxWindows treat "&Copy" as a keyboard hotkey such as "alt-C". The hotkey
is displayed undelined. Sometimes, it is hard to determine hotkeys in
translations, because you have to make sure there are no duplicates.
Therefore, I only keep hotkeys is same as in English.

But you may also like to wait until the translation is finished and determine
your "own" hotkeys using pgAdmin3.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel