Re: RServ patch to support multiple slaves (sorta)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael A Nachbaur <mike(at)nachbaur(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RServ patch to support multiple slaves (sorta)
Date: 2003-06-25 15:42:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 11:11:35AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> > > Patch applied. Thanks.

> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > It sounded to me like that patch was intended for comment, not for
> > application.
>
> He said it wasn't all he wanted to do with the code, but that it did
> work. With so few rserv patches, it seems like something we should get
> in, but maybe not? Other comments? I am not sure myself.

I don't remember the patch right now, but it seemed to me the patch
didn't have anything to do with multiple slaves anyway... When was it
posted? I can't find it in the archives... (it'd be nice to have the
date of the original message in the attribution when you quote other
people, that way it's much easier to find it in the archives)

Some 2 years ago I wrote a patch for multiple slaves and it worked
reasonably well... I wasn't too much in the Postgres world those days so
I didn't submit it. If I can get to my CVS archive I'll extract it and
post for review.

A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
- Carrie Snow